02 January 2014

The Boy Who Belonged By Henry & Rock

Twenty-one year-old Lane Moredock finally has a normal life. Six months after he was wrongly made a suspect in his parents’ Ponzi scheme, he’s settled down with his older boyfriend, Derek, and is working and attending school. But his happiness is threatened when his mother launches a Christmastime PR campaign to help appeal her prison sentence, and asks introverted Lane to be part of it.

Derek Fields has his hands full taking Santa photos, bird-sitting his sister’s foul-mouthed macaw, and helping Lane prepare for a television interview neither of them wants him to do. As he eases Lane through his anxiety, he worries that Lane sees him as a caretaker rather than a boyfriend, and that their age difference really does matter. He and Lane compensate for the stress in their lives by taking their D/s relationship to new levels--a relationship that Lane’s mother insists he should be ashamed of.

As Christmas draws nearer, the pressure builds. Pushy elves. Snarky subs. A bad fight. A parrot in peril. How the hell is Derek going to give Lane a perfect Christmas when the Moredock legacy threatens to pull them apart before the new year?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18715391-the-boy-who-belonged
I read the first book in this series and I fell completely in love with it.  And so when I found out that the authors had released a second book?  I was jumping up and down for the chance to review it.
Once I started it, I couldn’t put it down at all.  The story was able to draw me in and just keep me there until I was done with the whole book.  And even afterwards, it left me wanting more.
We get to learn more about Lane’s past, and we follow along as Derek helps him to deal with what is going on.  I did like the fact that Lane and Derek do NOT have a perfect relationship, they argue like a normal couple would.  I think with the way the authors put that into the book gave it a more realistic feel.    I liked the drama that Derek and Lane had to go through in this book.  Their relationship hasn’t been easy from the start and I was really glad that they have been able to pull through it all. 
One thing that I did enjoy was how in the first book, Brin was very loud and in your face.  In this book, we find out more about him.  And realize that he’s not just a crazy flashy person; he does have his sensitive side that he tries to keep hidden. 
I will say one thing the authors have an amazing ability!  Lane’s mother is a completely inappropriate word, and they were able to write her out to the point where when she opened her mouth I couldn’t stand her!!  So I give them mad props for being able to pull off making a character that way just from reading the words.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HDYISJ6/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00HDYISJ6&linkCode=as2&tag=crysmanrev-20    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-boy-who-belonged-lisa-henry/1117793896?ean=9781623006068&itm=1&usri=the+boy+who+belonged     https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-theboywhobelonged-1375574-147.html?referrer=52378e08e5757    http://www.loose-id.com/the-boy-who-belonged.html
 
Click HERE to read my review of The Good Boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment